As part of the Burrinja Climate Change Biennale: The Heat is On, Yarra Ranges artists and communities are invited to propose a work of live art, performance, participatory action or installation that enacts or inspires climate action and engages community members.
Live Actions can occur in or around Yarra Ranges venues, or as site-responsive actions in public spaces anywhere in the Yarra Ranges region, including the RidgeWalk paths in the Dandenong Ranges/Corhanwarrabul. Activations to take place between 1st December, 2022 to 26th February, 2023.
Seeking to fund multiple activations. Successful proposals will be funded up to $3000 (+gst).
For more information please contact YRC Cultural Development Officer Emma Buckley on email@example.com / 03 9294 6417
Live Actions – Site Specific Activations
Yarra Ranges Council invites Yarra Ranges creative practitioners and groups to submit proposals for activations reflecting climate change themes at location(s) across Yarra Ranges. Successful proposals will be funded up to $3000 (+gst). Activations to take place between 1st December, 2022 to 26th February, 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: These Terms & Conditions are subject to change
- Professional artists, performers, creative practitioners, groups, or organisations
- Applicant or key members of the team MUST live or work in the Yarra Ranges OR demonstrate partnership with a Yarra Ranges based organisation, business or community group to deliver proposed activation.
- Proposed activity must reflect themes of Burrinja Climate Change Biennale.
HOW TO APPLY
- Expressions of Interest (EOIs) to be submitted online via the online form (see link above)
- EOI Submissions due 11:59pm Friday 30th September 2022.
- It may take up to four weeks after due date to be notified of the outcome of your EOI submission.
- Successful EOIs will be required to provide further information and enter into a delivery agreement with Yarra Ranges Council. This may include (but not limited to) being required to provide evidence of current Working with Children checks, relevant insurance cover (if applicable).
SELECTION CRITERIA AND PROCESS
Successful applications will be selected via a selection panel based on the information contained within their submitted EOI.
The following criteria will be used in the selection process to appoint successful applicants:
A. VISION & CONCEPT (50%)
- How well does concept for activation reflect themes of Climate Change and Environment?
- Will proposed work provide a meaningful experience for Yarra Ranges audiences?
B. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS (30%)
- Evidence of previous relevant creative experience demonstrating:
- Ability to successfully deliver proposed design concept or approach
- Ability to work within a set time frame and within budget
C. FEASIBILITY AND BUDGET (20%)
- Ability to create work within indicated budget parameters of requested budget?
- Any major OH&S considerations that could impact delivery?
The successful EOI applicant will be required to provide further information and enter into a delivery agreement with Yarra Ranges Council. This may include (but not limited to) being required to provide evidence of current Working with Children checks, relevant insurance cover (if applicable).
LOCATIONS / TIMELINES FOR ACTIVATION
- Location of any proposed activation MUST occur within Yarra Ranges Shire
- Applicants can nominate multiple locations and/or other locations located within Yarra Ranges Shire.
- Proposed Activity must occur between 1st December, 2022 to 26th February, 2023
- YRC staff may negotiate the location, time and scope of project with applicants after receiving your EOI.
PH: 9294 6417 / 0437 406 869
The Burrinja Climate Change Biennale is delivered in partnership with Yarra Ranges Council, Yarra Ranges Regional Museum, and Your Library.