YRRM Climate Change Activation
Yarra Ranges Council invites Indigenous or Torres Strait Islander creative practitioners and groups to submit proposals for pop-up activation reflecting climate change themes at the Yarra Ranges Regional Museum, Lilydale. The successful proposal will be funded up to $5000 (+gst). Activation to take place between 3rd December, 2022 to 26th February, 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: These Terms & Conditions are subject to change.
- Indigenous or Torres Strait Islander artists or performers, creative practitioners, businesses or organisations from any creative or artistic discipline.
- While the creative work will be situated on Wurundjeri Country, applicants who are not Wurundjeri will also be considered. The selected artist(s) or creative team will be expected to demonstrate a willingness to engage, listen and learn from the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
- Proposed activity MUST reflect themes of Environment and Climate Change
HOW TO APPLY
- Please read the YRRM Climate Change Activation Artists Information (insert link to doc.)
- Expressions of Interest (EOIs) to be submitted online via (insert link to open form)
- Alternative arrangements for submission can be made on request. Contact Emma Buckley email@example.com
- EOI Submissions due 11:59pm Friday 30th September 2022.
- It may take up to four weeks after due date to be notified of the outcome of your EOI submission.
SELECTION CRITERIA AND PROCESS
The successful application will be selected via a selection panel based on the information contained within their submitted proposal responding to this artists information document. The selection panel will include Wurundjeri and other Indigenous representatives within Yarra Ranges Council.
The following criteria will be used in the selection process to appoint the Artist or Creative Team:
A. CREATIVE VISION & CONCEPT (50%)
- Does proposal demonstrate originality and creativity of the proposed concept or approach to designing the activation?
- How well does concept reflect themes of Climate Change and Environment
- Will proposed work provide a meaningful experience for Yarra Ranges audiences?
B. ARTIST EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS (30%)
- Evidence of previous relevant creative experience demonstrating:
- Ability to successfully deliver proposed design concept or approach
- Ability to work within a set time frame and within budget
C. FEASIBILITY AND BUDGET (20%)
- Ability to create work within indicated budget parameters of $5,000 (plus GST)
- Any major OH&S considerations that could impact delivery?
The successful EOI applicant will be required to provide further information and enter into a delivery agreement with Yarra Ranges Council. This may include (but not limited to) being required to provide evidence of current Working with Children checks, relevant insurance cover (if applicable).
LOCATIONS / TIMELINE FOR ACTIVATION
- Location of proposed activity to occur in the Box Gallery of the Yarra Ranges Regional Museum
- Proposed Activity must occur between Saturday 3rd December, 2022 to 26th February, 2023
PH: 9294 6417 / 0437 406 869